To retain existing clients and attract new ones, commercial properties in Port Charlotte, FL, need to look their best. Therefore, commercial property owners should invest in the regular maintenance of their properties. This includes, in particular, the asphalt parking lots and sidewalks. If left unattended, asphalt develops potholes, which are not only unsightly for the clients but are also jeopardizing the quality of your asphalt. Asphalt paving is an excellent way of keeping the asphalt good as new and functional for a long time. However, asphalt paving is rather complicated and must be carried out by experienced professionals who have the right equipment and expertise.
One of the most common mistakes made by commercial property owners in Port Charlotte, FL, is neglecting their asphalt parking lots. Some of them delay maintenance to save money, while others take the DIY route. Although property owners save a lot of money in the short run, they may have to bear hefty repair bills in the long haul.
The moment your asphalt starts to show signs of wear and tear, it is crucial for you to act quickly. Picking the most apparent signs and working accordingly can save you from a great hassle in the long run. When it comes to asphalt maintenance, there are a variety of asphalt services available that rejuvenate your asphalt and make it appear good as new. One of the best things you can do to keep your asphalt unharmed for an extended period is asphalt paving. However, it needs to be carried out by a reputable and professional asphalt paving company in Port Charlotte, FL.
Causes of Asphalt Cracking
Let’s take a look at some of the reasons why asphalt cracks.
- Moisture build-up is one of the primary causes of asphalt cracking. Once asphalt is exposed to moisture, it washes away the sand and gravel base, thus causing the asphalt to crack.
- Exposure to sunlight is hugely detrimental to asphalt. Sunlight dries up the asphalt and makes it brittle, which eventually results in cracks and potholes.
- In the colder months, the freezing temperatures make the asphalt shift. Not being flexible enough, the asphalt begins to crack.
- Fatigue cracking is also one of the most significant causes behind damaged asphalt. When heavy vehicles are parked or driven over asphalt, it fails to sustain the weight and eventually gets cracked.
- Lastly, no matter how much you invest in asphalt maintenance, it cannot withstand the impact of aging. After it has lived its life, asphalt is bound to get damaged. When that happens, there is no other option but to have it replaced.
As discussed above, one of the best ways to maintain your asphalt and protect your investment is by asphalt paving. Let’s take a look at some of the benefits of asphalt paving in Port Charlotte, FL.
- Adds to the longevity of your asphalt.
- Makes the surface look fresh.
- Gets rid of speed bumps and valleys in the asphalt.
- Repairs the sub-grade, asphalt cap, and the base.
Asphalt Seal Coating
Another standard asphalt service available is asphalt seal coating in Port Charlotte, FL. Asphalt seal coating is a protective layer on top of your asphalt, which protects it against environmental elements like frost, heat, and moisture and adds to its life. By increasing the longevity of your asphalt, it minimizes the frequency at which repairs are required. Asphalt seal coating is a complex process that requires strategic planning in advance.
If you seek robust asphalt services, stop looking right away because you have arrived at the right place. At Atlantic Southern Paving, we combine our experience and expertise with the right equipment to provide you with reliable and long-lasting results. Our services will protect your investment in the long run. For more information, visit our website.